The Year 9 Residential Project gives participants the opportunity to spend two nights and three days at Cardiff Metropolitan University, giving them an insight into undergraduate study at a university.
Participants experience both the educational and social aspects of university by choosing a degree subject to study, and attending evening entertainment at the Students’ Union.
Subject areas to study include STEM, Sport, Creative, and Business. These subjects are delivered by academics across all of the First Campus partnership institutions, Cardiff Metropolitan University, University of South Wales and Cardiff University.
Participants will also celebrate their achievements in their own graduation ceremony-taking place on the last day, along with their parents and teachers.
The residential will give pupils the opportunity to:
- Work and socialise with pupils from other schools and current university students
- To develop knowledge of opportunities available at higher education.
- To raise awareness that higher education is accessible.
- To develop skills and knowledge related to the pupils chosen subject area.
- To develop pupils confidence in their abilities.