This project has been developed in partnership with the Reaching Wider Partnerships and The Open University Development Office. Through the STEM Talent programme, motivated and able Sixth Form students can study a range of university level modules alongside their AS or A2 studies.
First Campus are offering students who meet the required criteria a bursary to enable them to study one of these Open University courses for free.
If you are interested in studying a STEM subject at university, studying an Open University science, technology, engineering or mathematics module during your sixth form studies can be of real benefit.
– It will help develop your knowledge of what it’s like to study at university
– Improve your ability in the subject
– Help you achieve greater exam success
– Evidence your strengths and aptitude on UCAS applications
– You will stand out when applying for competitive university courses.
Download the STEM talent leaflet to view the list of courses on offer or visit open.ac.uk/wales/stemtalent
Once you have identified a course you would like to study, you must have the support of your sixth form lead or college tutor as they will be asked to provide a reference as part of the short listing process.